Sunday 19 August 2012

Rarity at Old Cut

So we didn't end up going to the remote stations the other day, but we are leaving in about an hour. It is probably a good thing because myself, Ryan Rea, and Julian Greer heard a very strange bird this morning that none of us had ever heard before. It defiantly sounded like a grassland bird, and we were trying to figure it out and the only similar thing we found was a Western Meadowlark. It sounded almost exact to the call we had on our iPods, and the exact same tone. The three of us realised that European Starling's sometimes imitate Meadowlarks, but they usually aren't exact, especially the tone. I am not sure if I will decided to call it Western Meadowlark, and put it on my Life List, I will probably just wait till I actually see one to confirm a sighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment