Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Early Bird Gets...Snowed On?

Crazy weather this year! Yesterday above 20C, and now today its snow/sleeting! At the end of April no-less! Anyways, Monday after school I went to Canatara in search of the Louisiana Waterthrush that Eric Marcum had reported the morning of.. Unfortunately no luck on the Waterthrush, but I did get a few birds off the list! First off, went for a walk in our forest before I went there, not much to be seen actually, did get my first "Western" Palm Warbler (#144) of the year! Not much else, not even a "Myrtle"! But anyways in Canatara I added two species.. House Wren (#145), and that early bird, which is actually one of my favourite species of bird! An early girl Northern Parula was sitting out in the open for me and a couple others to see! So that was fairly exciting, not quite as exciting as a Louisi but exciting no-less! I also noted a Song Sparrow with very very thin streaking...But seems to just be a Song.. Oh well..
Unfortunately just a Song Sparrow.
NOPA showing it's cool-green mantle.
 And a front view now.
 Saw 3 of these cute lil'guys, two were modeling quite nice!
 #2
Still lots of Hemies!

Good Birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment