Thursday 4 April 2013

Early April Lagoons

This afternoon went to Watford Sewage Lagoons, was not disappointed. About 100m West of the Road to the lagoons there was a puddle in the field, there were 2Killdeer and my first of year Wilson's Snipe (#107). Soon we headed down the path to the lagoon, only to be stopped when I saw my first of year American Pipit (#108) foraging in the field. Once we got to the lagoon, it wasn't long before I found my third new species for the year, the one I was most expecting to find, Ruddy Ducks (#109).
eBird Checklist -- Watford Lagoon

Also yesterday morning right as I walked out the door to go to my bus stop, I heard an Eastern Phoebe (#105) calling, and later in the afternoon, in our forest, I saw at least 40 Golden-crowned Kinglet, 4-5 Brown Creepers, and my first of year Winter Wren (#106).







On another note, today I saw my second butterfly species of the year, Milbert's Tortoiseshell butterfly, saved it from my garage. I have had 3 Mourning Cloaks so far this year as well.

Good Birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment