Tuesday 16 April 2013

New Birds + New Lambton Life Bird

Today I went to Forest Sewage Lagoons after school with my dad, and was Not disappointed. Minutes after arriving, we saw a Purple Martin (#129) fly-over with a Tree Swallow. After about five minutes of scanning the south cell, I was able to pick out an interesting female-type duck. This duck, I am 99.9% sure, was a Female EURASIAN WIGEON! (#130). I had direct comparison to many American Wigeon, and it was noticeably different. And after about 10-15min of studying, I had decided that must be what it is. Unfortunately, though trying to photograph the bird, it was hard to find without the scope, and the pictures unfortunately didn't turn out... By the end of the walk around the lagoon, we also got a Spotted Sandpiper (#131).
Forest Sewage Lagoon eBird Checklist

Also, earlier today in our forest, found two Ruby-crowned Kinglets (#128) with a flock of Golden and Brown Creepers. Also yesterday, while waiting at the bus stop, got Barn Swallow (#127).

Sunday, spent a couple hours at Canatara. As reported by Paul Carter earlier in the day, there were two Black-crowned Night-Herons (#124), and finally got my Fox Sparrows (#125) there as well. And, on the way home, in the field across the road from my property, stopped and found a Greater Yellowlegs (#126).
Canatara eBird Checklist

Black-crowned Night-Heron

Good Birding!


No comments:

Post a Comment