Thursday 20 December 2012

Sandhill Lane

So today I decided to head over to Kettle Point for some birding, despite the strong south-east winds. For majority of the time spent birding, there was not much seen, only ducks were a small group of Red-breasted Mergs, and a couple Scaup. Did see a somewhat interesting Gull for a brief period before I lost it, it got scared up with a bunch of Ring-billed Gulls when a young Bald Eagle flew by close. It seemed like a Bonaparte's Gull at first, with the white outer primary's, but it seemed to large to be a Bonnie. But I lost it too soon to see if it had dark under-primary's. Oh well, guess I'll never know. As I was leaving the point, I saw a group of 4 Sandhill Cranes on a lawn foraging in a puddle, then as I drove away, I found one more, all alone also foraging.





Good Birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment